Apply - Sainte Luce Reserve
Apply to volunteer at Sainte Luce Reserve in Madagascar. Learn about programme fees, accommodations, and the application process.
volunteer at Sainte Luce Reserve, apply to volunteer in madagascar,
13396
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-13396,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-8.0,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.9.2,vc_responsive
 

Apply

Ready to help protect Madagascar’s coastal forest?

Programme Fees

When you volunteer at Sainte Luce Reserve, you can take pride in knowing that your programme fees benefit conservation efforts and local communities.

 

We are a volunteer-funded, non-profit organisation and do not receive government funding. Our programme fees enable us to provide safe and positive experiences for our volunteers while preserving natural habitats and empowering local communities.

 

Your participation fee will be used to cover:

  • Transportation between the reserve and Fort Dauphin
  • Accommodation: choose from three options below
  • Food (three meals per day)
  • Training
  • Safety and support team

 

100% of remaining fees will be used towards maintaining the conservation programme and employing local people. Your contribution stays in Madagascar and makes your hard work that much more meaningful. Download our handbook for more information about how programme fees are used.

Apply

+ Review our Volunteer Handbook

 

+ Download the Application Form

 

+ Contact Us: dadamanga@me.com

2016 – 2017 Pricing

Volunteer Period
(Weeks)
Basic Fee
(USD)
Supplement Tent Hire
(USD)
Supplement Bungalow
(USD)
90 Day Max. Visa Accommodations Excluded Includes camp tent hire Includes private bungalow
1 750 10 40
2 800 20 60
3 1,060 30 80
4 1,310 40 100
5 1,550 50 120
6 1,780 60 140
7 2,000 70 160
8 2,210 80 180
9 2,410 90 200
10 2,600 100 220
11 2,780 110 240
12 2,950 120 260

All prices are quoted in US dollars and we reserve the right to alter our fees based on foreign exchange rates against the Malagasy Ariary. Rates will not change once you have paid the registration fee. Click here to convert the prices into your own currency.

bungalow

Accommodations

Basic Fee: Volunteers must use their own tents and bedding during their stay.

 

Supplement Tent Hire: Sainte Luce Reserve has tents available for hire, but volunteers must bring their own bedding.

 

Supplement Bungalow: Stay in one of our basic local-style bungalows. Bungalow rentals include mattress, mattress cover, sheet, pillowcase, solar light, and solar USB charger.

Apply to Volunteer in Madagascar Today

watering

Application Process

  1. Review the 2016 – 2017 Volunteer Handbook >
  2. Then, complete the Application Form and return it to dadamanga@me.com

 

 Sainte Luce Reserve will contact you via email to accept your application or regretfully decline. If you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance email with information about next steps. You will have 7 days from receipt of the acceptance email to pay your 20% deposit and confirm your spot. The remaining balance (80%) of your programme fees are due 40 days prior to your placement. If your start date is within 40 days of your application, the full programme fee is required upon acceptance. 

 

We gladly offer one-on-one advice to help you to organise your trip. Please contact us if you have any questions about the programme and we are happy to assist.