Volunteer at Sainte Luce Reserve
Sainte Luce Reserve is the perfect choice for conservation volunteering in Madagascar. We offer a variety of projects – from working with lemurs to forest enhancement – that provide incredible, meaningful experiences for international conservation volunteers.
Why Choose Sainte Luce Reserve?
- Clear and transparent goals. Many volunteer programmes offer vague explanations of their conservation efforts and repeat research year after year to keep volunteers busy. At Sainte Luce Reserve, you will live among the wildlife you are protecting, work on projects that are critical to our needs at the time, and become experts on the projects you support.
- Contribution to local community. As a small, independent conservation organisation, we are able to employ members of our community thanks to the support of our volunteers. Unlike large organisations with foreign offices and large overhead costs, 100% of revenue from volunteer programme fees directly support local communities and conservation efforts.
- Authentic experiences. This is a grass-roots habitat conservation programme, and we need your help. It won’t always be glamorous, but you will have close encounters with wildlife everyday and a direct impact on protecting one of the most spectacular beachfront forests you will ever see.
- Health and safety. Your safety is our principal concern. Rest assured that we have plans and processes in place to keep volunteers safety a priority.
- We have lemurs on the beach!